For the next 30 days, your social media feeds are going to fill up with gold ribbons and cherubic faces of beautiful babies who have battled terrifying diseases they should never have to know. Go ahead and click the like button in show of encouragement, share every tear-jerking story that moves you, and pin a gold ribbon on your lapel in support. Childhood cancer awareness is just as important as ever. In fact, the most recent statistics on childhood cancer are heart wrenching.
- Every day, 43 children are diagnosed with cancer
- This equates to 15,695 parents who are given this devastating news every year
- 12% of children diagnosed with cancer do not survive.
- Children’s cancer affects all ethnic, gender and socio-economic groups.
- The average age of children diagnosed is six.
- More than 40,000 children undergo treatment for cancer each year.
- 60% of children who survive cancer suffer late-effects, such as infertility, heart failure and secondary cancers.
- There are approximately 375,000 adult survivors of children’s cancer in the United States.
- That equates to 1 in 530 adults ages 20-39.
Statistics provided by curesearch.org
At Aubade Photography, we're seeking to do more. We want more than awareness for children suffering from this terrible illness. We want September to be Childhood Cancer ACTION month, so we are offering #CANCERSUCKS minis all month long. Get a 30 minute session and 10+ digital images and print release for only $50. Proceeds will be donated to CureSearch for children's cancer research.
In addition to our #CANCERSUCKS minis, every session, mini session or gift certificate purchased during the month of September will be entered into a drawing to win a free piece of custom jewelry from Princess JesseLyn Creations!